Image Sensors Market – Growth, Trends, And Forecast (2020 – 2025)
Image Sensors market has been thoroughly scrutinized and then carefully demarcated by geographic locations which are based on major economic regions and their topographical regions. Growing competition and the changing market dynamics has been highlighted. Aggressive market players are profiled with attributes of company overview, financial overview, business strategies, product portfolio and recent developments. The Market share and Market size prominent players for 2020 to 2025 are profiled in this report.
The Image Sensors market is highly competitive and consists of a number of major players: Canon Inc., Ams AG, OmniVision Technologies Inc., ON Semiconductor Corporation, Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd, Sony Corporation, STMicroelectronics NV, Teledyne DALSA Inc., SK Hynix Inc., GalaxyCore Inc., Panasonic Corporation
Click the link to get a free Sample Copy of the Report:
Scope of the Report
The image sensors market was valued at USD 15.84 billion in 2019 and is expected to reach a value of USD 29.49 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 11%, during the forecast period 2020-2025. The image sensors are used primarily in a large number of imaging devices and digital cameras to enhance the quality of cauterization and storage of the image. These imaging applications have found a high adoption in industrial, media, medical, and consumer applications. ?The integration of video surveillance in the transportation industry is one of the significant trends observed in this region. For instance, to enhance security for the Canadian Public Transportation System, with the country having 1.7 million daily traffic, the government deployed a unified surveillance System with integrated cameras in it. This is further expected to surge the market across the region.
Key Market Trends
CMOS Image Sensor in Smartphone Witnesses a Significant Growth
– With the increasing demand for the high-definition image capturing devices in the industries, CMOS technology has been witnessing a high adoption rate as they provide faster shutter speed delivering high-quality images.
– With the integration of cameras into smartphones, the use of image capturing increased significantly, coupled with the growing smartphone penetration rate in the region is set to drive the market for Image sensors in the region.
– For VGA resolution, CMOS sensors can efficiently run at 30 fps or faster, and at 3 to 5-megapixel resolution, 5 to 15 fps is achievable while keeping power consumption down. This enables algorithms such as autofocus, autoexposure, and automatic white balance to achieve faster convergence, thereby providing a quicker, more responsive camera. Higher frame rates also mean reduced blur and, in some instances, enable designers to eliminate mechanical shutters. With the increased competition in the smartphone industry, manufacturers are viewing image quality as the way to achieve competitive advantage.
– Further, China’s e-commerce market is booming as well, as the maximum share of consumers who purchase online are shopping via their smartphones. The Alibaba Group Holding’s shopping platform Taobao Marketplace and Tmall let their customers take pictures of an item in real-life and buy it online. This is also expected to drive the market for CMOS image sensors.
– Furthermore, although certain markets (China, for instance) have reached saturation for new smartphone demand due to lack of new buyers, smartphone manufacturers, like Huawei, are rolling out new models with dual-camera systems, thus, boosting CMOS manufacturing.
– Also, mobile applications such as TikTok and WeChat are also driving the market for cameras in the country; according to Tencent number of active WeChat users during Q2, 2019, stood at 1,132.7 million. These factors significantly drive the CMOS image sensors in the smartphone market.
North America to Occupy the Major Market Share
– North America accounts to hold significant share and is one of the prominent markets in image processing technological research, globally. The market in the region is mainly due to growing R&D activities and industrialization. Automotive is one of the largest markets in North America.
– Safety-related mandates in the automotive industry in North America are rising because of the rising accidents. This rise in accident rate is increasing the need for ADAS in the automobile industry, with the incorporation of advanced image sensing capabilities acting as a significant market driver, and influencing the market growth in the region.
– Also, the US government has passed a new regulation to install a rearview camera in every vehicle, along with the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration has made it mandatory for all vehicles to install a backup camera system by 2019 owing to an increase in the number of accidents and injuries in the United States. This is likely to augment the adoption of the camera to cater to the criteria mentioned above, thereby impacting the markets growth positively.? Even the traffic federal regulations mandating the use of advanced image sensors from heavy vehicles to commercial vehicles for emergency preparedness have also contributed to the growth of the image sensors market.
– Furthermore, ongoing mergers and acquisitions in the region are expanding the scope of the application for image sensors, which is further expected to drive the growth of the market. For instance, Teledyne Technologies Inc. acquired the Scientific Imaging businesses of Roper Technologies Inc. for USD 225 million. The Scientific Imaging businesses provide a wide range of imaging solutions, primarily for life sciences, academic research, and customized OEM industrial imaging solutions.?
– Moreover, Teledyne has partnered with the OSIRIS-REx mission in various imaging and spectroscopy technologies provided by its Digital Imaging segment.
Browse the Full report description and TOC at:
What are the market factors that are explained in the report?
–Key Strategic Developments: The study also includes the key strategic developments of the market, comprising R&D, new product launch, M&A, agreements, collaborations, partnerships, joint ventures, and regional growth of the leading competitors operating in the market on a global and regional scale.
–Key Market Features: The report evaluated key market features, including revenue, price, capacity, capacity utilization rate, gross, production, production rate, consumption, import/export, supply/demand, cost, market share, CAGR, and gross margin. In addition, the study offers a comprehensive study of the key market dynamics and their latest trends, along with pertinent market segments and sub-segments.
–Analytical Tools: Image Sensors Market report includes the accurately studied and assessed data of the key industry players and their scope in the market by means of a number of analytical tools. The analytical tools such as Porter’s five forces analysis, feasibility study, and investment return analysis have been used to analyzed the growth of the key players operating in the market.
The research includes historic data from 2015 to 2020 and forecasts until 2026 which makes the reports an invaluable resource for industry executives, marketing, sales and product managers, consultants, analysts, and other people looking for key industry data in readily accessible documents with clearly presented tables and graphs.
Media Contact Us:
Irfan Tamboli (Head of Sales) – Market Insights Reports
Phone: + 1704 266 3234 | +91-750-707-8687
email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org