The geothermal power infrastructure market is projected to register a CAGR of about 2.5% during the forecast period. In 2018, the global geothermal installed capacity was valued at 13.27 gigawatt (GW), representing around 4% growth over the previous year. The geothermal power infrastructure market is primarily driven by the rising demand for energy, primarily for electricity generation and increasing initiatives to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. However, for electricity generation, medium-to-high-temperature resources are required, which are usually located in volcanically active regions. This intensifies the intensity of the geothermal market site sensitive. This, in turn, is expected to restrain the growth of the market studied.
Request for PDF Brochure:
Flash Plants are projected to Dominate the Market
– Flash plants are the geothermal power generation plants that obtain steam with the help of pressure variation. The liquid inside earth crust, with high pressure and temperature, are pumped out to a tank on the surface held at much lower pressure, generating steam to rotate the steam turbine, which, in turn, generates electricity.
– Flash plants vary in size, depending upon the flashing process. Single flash, double flash, and triple flash plants are used, primarily depending upon the power required. Usually, a single flash has a capacity of 0.2-80 MW, double flash has a capacity of 2-110 MW, and triple flash has a capacity of 60-150 MW capacity.
– Flash plants are the most widely used geothermal plant across the world, with a comparatively lower cost associated with per kilowatt generation of electricity, as compared to the binary plant. Moreover, the continuous reduction of cost per kilowatt is expected to drive the growth of the flash plant installation market during the forecast period.
The Middle Eastern Region is expected to Dominate the Geothermal Power Infrastructure Market
– In 2018, Middle Eastern region emerged as a significant player in the geothermal installation market. In 2018, the region added several projects with 219 GW of installed capacity.
– Turkey is one of the prominent countries in the region, and it ranked fourth, in terms of cumulative geothermal power capacity, in 2018. During the past six years, between 2013 and 2018, the country built up more than 1GW of capacity.
– Kizildere III plant, with 65.5 MW, is the largest single-unit that was completed in 2018. Other projects that were completed during 2018 include the 19.4 MW Baklaci, the 13.8 MW Buharkent, the 25 MW 3S Kale, and the 32 MW Pamukren Unit 4.
– Furthermore, Turkey is planning to expand its geothermal capacity to 2 gigawatts by 2020, from 1.2 GW in 2018. According to the Turkish Geothermal Power Plant Investors Association (JESDER), the country has the opportunity to build up additional geothermal capacity of 200 to 250 megawatts per year, with annual investments of about USD 1 billion. Thus, additional capacity addition in the Turkish geothermal market is expected to drive the expansion of the geothermal power and infrastructure market during the forecast period.
– Majority of the Turkish geothermal power plants use the binary-cycle technology.
The geothermal power infrastructure market is fragmented. Some of the key players in the market include Mannvit HF, Tetra Tech Inc., Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems, Turboden SpA, Terra-Gen Power LLC, and Reykjavik Geothermal Ltd.
Browse the report description and TOC:
What are the market factors that are explained in the report?
-Key Strategic Developments: The study also includes the key strategic developments of the market, comprising R&D, new product launch, M&A, agreements, collaborations, partnerships, joint ventures, and regional growth of the leading competitors operating in the market on a global and regional scale.
-Key Market Features: The report evaluated key market features, including revenue, price, capacity, capacity utilization rate, gross, production, production rate, consumption, import/export, supply/demand, cost, market share, CAGR, and gross margin. In addition, the study offers a comprehensive study of the key market dynamics and their latest trends, along with pertinent market segments and sub-segments.
-Analytical Tools: The Global Geothermal Power Infrastructure Market report includes the accurately studied and assessed data of the key industry players and their scope in the market by means of a number of analytical tools. The analytical tools such as Porter’s five forces analysis, SWOT analysis, feasibility study, and investment return analysis have been used to analyze the growth of the key players operating in the market.
Customization of the Report: This report can be customized as per your needs for additional data up to 3 companies or countries or 40 analyst hours.
MarketInsightsReports provides syndicated market research on industry verticals including Healthcare, Information and Communication Technology (ICT), Technology and Media, Chemicals, Materials, Energy, Heavy Industry, etc.MarketInsightsReports provides global and regional market intelligence coverage, a 360-degree market view which includes statistical forecasts, competitive landscape, detailed segmentation, key trends, and strategic recommendations.
How we have factored the effect of Covid-19 in our report:
All the reports that we list have been tracking the impact of COVID-19. Both upstream and downstream of the entire supply chain has been accounted for while doing this. Also, where possible, we will provide an additional COVID-19 update supplement/report to the report in Q3, please check for with the sales team.
IrfanTamboli (Head of Sales) – Market Insights Reports
Phone: + 1704 266 3234 | +91-750-707-8687